Save: Asos Top
Splurge: J. Crew Sweater
J. Crew is one of my favorite places to shop. Believe it or not, I still wear pieces from J. Crew that I bought in high school. I honestly believe the quality and timelessness of the products make spending more than I would at other stores worth it. However, pretty often I find myself falling in love with certain products at J. Crew that are just not in the budget. Take for example this J. Crew Collection Jeweled-Collar Sweater. Absolutely gorgeous. I fell even more in love when I saw Stephanie of Lam in Louboutins style it flawlessly. Yet unfortunately it was still out of my price range. Womp.
BUTTTT...lucky for me, this look is totally achievable no matter your budget. Piece together a small print blouse, a neutral sweater, and your own jeweled collar and voila! -O

J Crew is an amazing store, but you're right, it's a little pricy for the everyday items. I loved the alternative :)
ReplyDeleteI completely agree--J. Crew is amazing, but I feel like every time I go in it's a bit more expensive! I save it for splurgy pieces and try to find my favorite items elsewhere!
ReplyDelete-Alyssa
The Glossy Life
Super cute alternatives! Loving the Asos top!
ReplyDeletexx
Giovanna
www.oliveandanarrow.com
J.Crew has amazing quality and such great pieces - they really last a long time if you take care of them hey!?
ReplyDeletexoxo Bree
The Urban Umbrella
http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/
So glad I came across your blog!
ReplyDeleteGreat post!
-C
http://mossypants.com
So agree! I'm a bit of a J.Crew junkie. I've been eying that gorgeous sweater but it's a bit outside my budget! Great post!
ReplyDeleteI totally adore J. Crew but their prices on some of their collections have gotten really high in the last couple of years. They do have great sales though. I think you recreated this look pretty well.
ReplyDeleteRowena @ rolala loves
I totally agree. I still have J.Crew pieces from probably 10 years ago, but some of the pieces are just too expensive when they're not on sale. Love how you recreated that fabulous look with separate pieces!
ReplyDeletexo Jenny
www.crazystylelove.com
That Asos top is a super cute alternative! I can't figure out why J.Crew is so pricey now. It was never cheap before, but some of it just seems outrageous, yes?
ReplyDelete