Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Spotlight: Nicole Richie for Macy's





All images via Pinterest

I've always been a fan of Nicole Richie's style. Mainly because she knows what she loves and she rocks it. Whereas my style is a little all over the place...I'm not always 100% confident in what I'm wearing (especially if it's on the edgy side) & sometimes I am not even sure how to describe my style. ANYWAY, I am obsessed with Nicole's line House of Harlow 1960. My Double Starburst Necklace is on constant rotation. And while I do not own any pieces from her Winter Kate line, I have lusted over quite a few. That being said, I got SUPER excited when I heard Nicole was designing a collection for Macy's. I am not one to jump on the celebrity designer collections, I actually do not own anything from a designer or celebrity collaboration, but I felt like Nicole would be different. I think I'm just like a crazy super fan or something.

Over the weekend I read THIS  interview that Refinery29 did with Nicole in which they also showed the entire 25 piece collection. I hate to admit it, but I was slightly disappointed. Many of the pieces seem very juniors-section-department-store to me. I can't fully explain what I mean and maybe I am being too picky. After all, the items are being sold at a low price point at a department store. 

I did find a few pieces that caught my eye. The yellow blouse is by far my favorite, probably because I love anything yellow. The peacock skirt could be a great early fall staple and the dress looks very high end, no? Check out the collection HERE and let me know your thoughts! Will you be heading to Macy's for Nicole's collection on September 12th? -O

11 comments:

  1. I love Nicole's style--she just comes off as so COOl constantly. I haven't gotten a chance to take a look at the whole collection, but I'm loving that graphic dress you pulled out. You're right, it looks super high-end!


    -Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her style, so chic!

    Hosting a giveaway, would love for you to enter!
    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/#

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole definitely has great style! She's so inspirational!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree, I'm a little disappointed with the collection. I do love the pieces you've selected though. I too have never purchased a celebrity designed item.

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't like the collection so much. I wish she would have made clothing that she would actually wear also. Seems very young.

    I'm having an end of summer giveaway on my blog, would love if you would pass by and enter.

    -V
    http://stylishlyme.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm a huge fan of nicole richies style - love the boho vibe of it! so excited to hear that she's designing a line for macys, i'll have to check it out. hopefully, it wont be as department store looking as you say it looks online

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post. I'm super excited for her new line. I love the leather jacket and yellow blouse. :)

    I would love for you to stop by my blog and check out my latest outfit post inspired by my favorite Pretty Little Liars character.
    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ladies thanks for your visit to my blog!! Woudl you liek to follwo each other??
    BTW I think Nicole has a great style!!
    xoxo
    Patricia

    http://misstoptenimage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't see much I liked either, but good for her for designing a more affordable line.

    I have a few things from the Missoni for Target collection but nothing else that I can think of.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That tends to happen when a celeb designs for a lower end department store unfortunately.

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!