Thursday, November 8, 2012

What I'm Craving: Smoothies!

If you follow me on Instagram you might have seen my new obsession with a blender.... Pathetic, I know, but this thing is amazing! Every morning I have been making smoothies with anything you can imagine and they taste great!!!! I feel energized and ready for the day. Lets be real, half the stuff in the smoothie I LOOOOVEE but don't eat it nearly enough.



  For this smoothie I put in, lemon, pineapple, kale, wheat grass, avocado, green grapes, pear, apple, cucumber, flax oil, bee pollen, ginger, agave nectar, apple juice and ice.






The best thing about smoothies is you can put in whatever you want. This morning I mixed it up and took out pineapple and grapes and added a banana and spinach instead. If you have a great smoothie combo I would love to know! -M

P.S: We use the Vitamix blender...this thing is expensive but seriously the best thing we have in the kitchen. We can make anything from juice, smoothies, sauce, ICE CREAM, soup....you name it, it can make it. But the 2 main things I LOVE and I mean LOVE about this blender is that you can put in a whole apple or pear and it chops it up! (seeds and stem...apparently they are good for you.) You barely have to prep anything--huge time saver! AND....it takes less than a minute to clean it after! These 2 simple things are a game changer when I am in a rush in the morning!! Maybe I should become a sales rep for this company...I am seriously obsessed!

5 comments:

  1. Omg, green smoothies are my absolute favorite. The juice bar at Equinox makes great ones! But I love the ones I make at home, too. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Vitamix is on my Christmas list! I've been totally hooked on juices for the past few months, but I've never had the tools to make them myself (I usually buy them at one of the bodegas in NYC or Equinox!). Once I have the equipment, your combo is the first I'm trying!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! I got a blender a couple months ago and also became obsessed with breakfast smoothies. I havent made a green one yet though! Will have to try this out, it sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boss used to make these every day and I still haven't tried one, looks yummy! We just got a Ninja Blender so I will have to try it finally :)

    xo Michelle

    Fierce & Fashionable

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading!