So I recently moved in with my sister and her family and I have been in charge of making "healthy" food for us. Sunday when we were at Whole Foods and they had a sample of this fish. It was SO yummy we just had to bring some home. Its called Turbot Fish and it was SUPER easy to make (just like the rest of the meal!) Here is my version....
Turbot Fish
Put burner on medium heat and put olive oil and butter in the skillet.
Put flour on both sides of the fish and then place it in the skillet.
It takes about 5 minutes on one side and then a minute or two on the other side. Like I said, it does not take long! Just make sure it is lightly brown on both sides and cooked all the way through. The fish will seriously just fall apart (notice picture above). It's so light, delicate, flakey, and delicious!
Mushroom Medley
Ahh I love mushrooms. This recipe I found on pinterest and it is my go to side dish! It is so tasty and makes my tummy feel good afterwards! :) Check out the recipe here. It is very simple and very good!
Spinach
All you do is take spinach and put olive oil over it and scrunch it! Sounds weird but its an easy way to eat spinach and has a good taste to it. Its a must try, promise!
Rutabaga (the yellow stuff)
Rutabaga is a vegetable that I sadly don't eat enough. It is really good...almost like a sweet potato but not really. Try it out for yourself! All you do is boil them until soft. Drain the water out and mash them up and add a little butter! It is like a different version of mashed potatoes! :)
Dessert (not in my picture)
I made a peanut butter sandwich with bananas as the bread and then froze them. They were the perfect sweet and light treat after a healthy dinner!
Hope you enjoy! -M




Everything here looks SO yummy. That PB&Banana dessert is the cutest thing I've seen in a while--and one of my favorite flavor combos!
ReplyDelete-Alyssa
The Glossy Life
I love eating healthy (for the most part) and have actually embraced the paleo lifestyle. It makes you feel so GOOD eating clean, non-processed foods. You should check out that diet if you ever want to go Paleo. That fish dish looks amazing! Thank you for posting!
ReplyDeletexo,
Victoria
The Stylista Diaries
I love the peanut butter and banana sandwich idea. Sounds so yummy!
ReplyDeleteAmy
Fashion and Beauty Finds
Oh, this post is making me hungry! I love how it not only looks delicious, but healthy! I've been trying to move towards a healthier and more clean diet so this is definitely inspiring, especially that delicious mushroom dish (I LOVE mushrooms). Fantastic post! :)
ReplyDeleteWith love from San Francisco, California,
Sabrina
http://www.rougespark.com
hello! i like your blog! im following you on GFC and Bloglovin, if you like my blog, follow me back please! XoXo
ReplyDeletewww.shoesandbasics.com
Thanks love! Going to follow you now! xo
DeleteYummy!!! That looks absolutely delicious! I am absolutely loving your blog!! xo
ReplyDeleteI LOVE mushroom! YUM!
ReplyDeleteXOXO
-Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
http://psbananas.com
yum!!
ReplyDeletehttp://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/
This looks amazing! I'm not the best cook, but I want to try this!
ReplyDeleteSo glad I found your blog today - can't wait to read more!
Sapir
thesapphirequeen.blogspot.com
That looks so yummy. I have tried everything except the rutabaga. Check out my health quinoa pasta with kale recipe on my blog today.
ReplyDeleteXO,
Zhanna
www.lifeandbows.com
Okay, I don't even like fish and that looks amazing! Those bananna peanut butter things I'm making Tomorrow morning FORSURE!
ReplyDeleteHttp://everythingsalwayssunny.blogspot.com
I love the idea of those bananas and peanut butter! Too cute!
ReplyDeleteXO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com
Mmmmhhh super yummi!
ReplyDeleteWhat about following each other? :)
Xxx
Carolina
www.the-world-c.blogspot.com + GIVEAWAY
Yummy Photos **New Follower**
ReplyDeleteBookishtimes.blogspot.co.uk